Sunday 9 June 2013

Los Amantes Pasajeros

I need to catch up on TV but first I will cover recent films with the great disappointment of the latest Almodovar, I’m so Excited Los Amantes Pasajeros. I have enjoyed the majority of his films having taken the trouble to experience them all with some brilliant, some less successful with their emphasis on shocking the traditional Spanish of establishment if Church and Fascist state. I am not sure what is the point of this latest contribution which included the worst slap stick comedy about being a homosexual and bisexual that I have watched. I found few moment of genuine humour and was bored. The creator admit this is a very light comedy.

The story such as it is consists of an airline crew who are faced with an emergency of faulty undercarriage and are switched to a air point for a potential crash landing. They fly around getting rid of fuel and drug the majority of passengers with a mixture with aphrodisiac properties. There are cameo performance from Antonio Banderas, Penélope Cruz, Carmen Machi , Paz Vega and Susi Sánchez. I saw the film on the Sunday afternoon on my visit to London for the Durham game against Surrey at the Oval visiting the Cineworld in the Haymarket and using a voucher via my credit card so at least the expense was just the cost of the travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment