Wednesday 17 November 2010

A film from Mainland China

The day began completing research on the life of Daniel Pearl, and upset that I had not appreciated that October was a month of live concerts furthering understanding through music. There are special pieces available on the site which I was able to listen. I was unable to publish on My Space for a couple of hours. I have previously written 100 pieces on AOL Blogs adding around 50000 photos. AOL advised that their photo library is closing so I checked to see if the Blogs were still available and that has also closed. Now I shall never know if anyone read any oft these. I did not treat the Blogs as creative work so they have not been collated but are part of project development. Everything ends that had a beginning and begins again differently.

Very cold weather is forecast with snow on em hills so around 10.15 I decided to clear the three remaining hanging baskets and plants the Spring Bulbs as well as have a further pre winter reorganisation of the patio bring as much under cover or close to the cover to survive the winter. The phone rang and I decided to answer. It was the dental surgery/, here was a cancellation at Westoe for 11. I asked if it could be arranged for next week but they were booked out always three months in advance unless for cancellations I negotiated for 11.15 and decided to get my self ready, go to the bank and then to the original surgery.

It had been raining earlier and there were a few spots, I took the large red umbrella which also acted as a shield against the cold wind and wore the astrakhan Russian style hat. On walking by the supermarket and approaching the four story business across the way I decided to take a further look on return, I also decided to go straight to the dental surgery although it was 10.45 as I hoped I could be seen at 11 after all and then perhaps have a hair cut. I passed surgery without realising I had done so and walked to the end of shops before reaching the junction with the road which connects to the Chi, passing the Town Hall, my former office block, and the knocked down church on the way. The surgery is in a ramshackle of a building in contrast to the new purpose designed Health centre.

The waiting room on the first floor is claustrophobic and looked out of the window when I was on my own and then a magazine about food which featured a gastronomic hotel at Jesmond Dene Newcastle where the chef was first the gain a Michelin star in the city. A double room costs £195 a night.

I made my way down the hill back into the town centre around midday having abandoned the idea a hair cut and then forgetting I had still to call in at the bank. The 4th story premises which interest are next to the Museum and Art gallery building separated by a passage and stairway to a footbridge over the road way at the back of the buildings to the raised car park to the former town centre supermarket converted into a Bingo Palace. The building has depth as well as height and it looks as if there may internal car parking. There is also what looks like a roof garden patio looking out towards the coast. I would look up the estate agents on the internet after visiting the supermarket for some breakfast porridge oats, boxed single packets for the microwave. It was around 12.40 by the time I had conquered the hill and clocked up a walk of a couple of miles or more.

However the walking made me hungry so in addition to soup and slice of bread I had the rest of pasta shells followed by not one but two mince pies and tea. Later I had the fresh prawns in shell and more tea. In the evening, four small tasteless fish cakes and baked beans, grapes and tea, later a coffee and another mince pie, and later still a salami sandwich. It was that kind of day.

I was tempted by a new middle east terrorist spies film in the afternoon but decided to leave as one outing a day is about what I can cope with.

I chose to complete the updating of the mySpace friends lists, a slow process printing out the alphabeticals and then adding and subtracting names and accompanying notes. This occupied the afternoon and I worked without added sound or vision. The total is 462 ten less that the official MySpace number. Later three more were added but still 100 short of the present number of Blogs. I must continue this aspect of the project.

I became tired and tried a siesta which worked as I slept soundly for over an hour and then felt grotty for the rest of the evening through to 1 am when I perked up. Between 9pm and 1 am I watched a double two hour George Wexford. This was not good a great write because while I correctly guessed that the young woman at the centre of the drama was a co conspirator there were few clues as to the actual murderer until last half an hour. I watch two of the four others shown this week in the Wexford series with George Baker, and one I had not previously seen featured the Italian coast and was a great joy visually as well as a good who dun it. George mentioned that he got someone to cut out a fish in wood which was painted red and which he had held beneath his jacket tucked into his trouser top. When the producer had talked about the red herrings he had produced the replica to great merriment.

And the possible commercial location of the project. Alas it is under offer at £950000 and even with the loss of pound value against the Euro and the dollar more than 25%, a lot of euros or dollars. The price reflects the fittings and fixtures and the late licence and surprisingly it is now under offer. But then it was anyway just a dream.

I also watched a film which surprised me because it originated from mainland China as it questions contemporary city life in favour of the countryside and village. There are six main characters, two who are never seen Father became a rural school master after his marriage and lived his work and life so much that he is resisting retirement. His wife is terminally ill so he comes to the city in search of their son. He attempts to enlist the help of his daughter who shares one room with a work colleague. They work at what euphemistically is called a Karaoke bar, but appears to consist of private dining and drinking areas where men are entertained Japanese geisha style. The daughter becomes caught up in a battle between the owner, gangster who has been to prison an someone called the Director who appears even more villainous and arranged for the girl to beaten up when she responds to the demands of her employer, by whom she has become pregnant. The employer starts to take a serious and more formal interest in the girl taking her father for a ride in his luxury stolen and repainted and registered car. The employer admits to the girl that her brother worked for him and was killed in an operation which went wrong and for which he blames himself.

The girl has told father to contact the local police and he establishes a relationship with a wise senior police officer who appears to recognise the employer when they all have a meal together. The police man when alone with the owner questions him about the car and asks him to call in for a chat the following day at the police station. The bar owner kills the policeman and disposes of the body and in turn the Director suitor of the girl who has been beaten up by members of the owners gang takes revenge and kills the man. The daughter appears to adjust to the new situation at the bar but returns to the village when her mother dies and who is given a traditional burial. She appears to decide to abandon the new city life and returns to live with her father, when she gives birth, or does she? The film is about clash between traditional values and the new life with the sub text of disconnection between the older generation and the young

No comments:

Post a Comment