Saturday 14 March 2009

Those Who Dare Film

Before continuing with the updating I want to mention viewing once more, Those who Dare made in 1953 and one of the over forty Dirk Bogard films all of which I have seen in theatre or on TV, several of which concern the Second World War. This film involved a raid by an army unit on a German airfield located on a Greek Island during World War 2. It was my siesta time viewing on Monday so my attention was half hearted and therefore subsequent judgement questionable. On the whole the film portrayed the Greek peasant villagers as courageous and resourceful I was still left with that sense of them and us which was and to some extent remains the attitude of English people born of generation after generation to those who have come from other lands, and especially of other languages and shades of skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment